Re: 32bit arch packages are built with wrong ownership due to fakeroot bug

    Johannes> This will of course just paper over the issue without
    Johannes> fixing the underlying cause. It's what I called "not a
    Johannes> good idea" in my last mail.

I like the explicit chgrp style because it explicitly documents all the
permission variations between dh_fixperms's defaults in debian/rules
rather than split between debian/rules and the upstream build system.
If you as a maintainer think like I do and believe that's actually an
improve to your package,
"papering over" fakeroot bugs but happening to improve things in other
ways
seems like a fine thing to do.