Re: 32bit arch packages are built with wrong ownership due to fakeroot bug

El 10/2/23 a las 3:18, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues escribió:
So the chgrp call in Makefile.am worked correctly and set the group owner to
"mail" but after dh_install moved mutt_dotlock from debian/tmp/ to debian/mutt/
using 'cp -a' (if I'm reading the code correctly) the group ownership
information is lost.

Ok, I agree. To clarify even more: My minor observation was not to
show how individual maintainers could fix this in their own packages
(as it's much better that this is done via NMUs in a centralized way)
but more something like "don't panic, the number of affected packages
could be smaller than we think".

Thanks a lot.