Re: how to skip some archs for autopkgtests

Hi Jonas,

On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 04:07:09PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> How do I skip some known impossible to check architectures in
> autopkgtests?
>
> Concretely, the packages src:rust-hyper-rustls and
> src:rust-rustls-native-certs both fail on powerpc64 and s390x, due to
> missing packages on those architectures:
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/rust-hyper-rustls
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/rust-rustls-native-certs
>
> It is *not* that the packages are unusable on those architectures - or
> at least that is yet unknown.  Instead, the underlying complexity is
> that the autopkgtest-dependencies are architecture-independent source
> code but packaged as architecture-dependent and not offered on those
> architectures.
>
> Any thoughts on how¹ to proceed?

There is a "skip-not-installable" that you could decleare in d/t/control
for these packages (for the corresponding tests that suffer from uninst
test deps), more details here[1]

Another way is to declare "Architecture: !s390x !ppc64el" in d/t/control
but I think this is in-appropriate for the said case.

[1]: https://people.debian.org/~eriberto/README.package-tests.html

--
Best,
Nilesh