Re: Hyphens in man pages

"G. Branden Robinson" <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> writes:

> I am disappointed that LWN did not cover the groff 1.23.0 release, its
> first in four years and featuring over 400 bug fixes,[1] even as a tiny
> blurb on the back page, but seizes upon this issue, which quietly died
> down a week ago, and should therefore have aged out of the current
> window of "weekly" news.

When I wrote the article (last week) it was a lot closer :)

As for why: Debian may have resolved this, for now at least, but this is
an issue that is sure to crop up in distributions that are not as quick
to pick up new groff releases.  In that sense, the topic is very much
timely.

And as for the groff release ... I sure wish we could find another
writer to hire to help us restore some of our wider community coverage.
If you know any likely candidates, do send them our way.

Thanks,

jon