Re: Hyphens in man pages

At 2023-10-14T20:51:27-0600, Antonio Russo wrote:
> I discovered a new pet peeve today:

I must report with some dismay that this thread made LWN.

https://lwn.net/Articles/947941/

Would someone be willing to send me a subscriber-sponsored link to it?

I intend to attempt to address what I expect to be inevitable incorrect
statements about groff and/or man pages in the attached discussion
thread.

I am disappointed that LWN did not cover the groff 1.23.0 release, its
first in four years and featuring over 400 bug fixes,[1] even as a tiny
blurb on the back page, but seizes upon this issue, which quietly died
down a week ago, and should therefore have aged out of the current
window of "weekly" news.

Regards,
Branden

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2023-07/msg00001.html