Re: RFP: IMSProg -- Linux programmer for CH341a devices.

Hi,

在 2023-10-13星期五的 12:51 +0300,Mikhail Medvedev写道:
> Package: IMSProg
> Severity: Request For Package
> IMSProg - Linux IMSProg - I2C, SPI and MicroWire EEPROM/Flash chip
> programmer for CH341a devices.
> It supports 24xxx, 25xxx, 93xxx, and 95xxx series chips. IMSProg -
> software with graphical interface based on QT5.
> Github: https://github.com/bigbigmdm/IMSProg/
> DEB_Package:
> https://github.com/bigbigmdm/IMSProg/tree/main/release/debian_package
> I am the developer of this program. Please add IMSProg to the Debian
> repository.

Unfortunately your package at its current shape does not meet the standard
of being included into Debian archive. Issues include (but not limited to)
wrong package architecture (architecture: all), installing files into /opt
(which is not allowed per Debian's Policy), unmatched license information
(GPL-2+ vs. GPL-3), etc. You also have to provide a source package (.dsc)
instead of binary packages (.deb).

If you want to improve the packaging and do it yourself, please get started
by reading https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/ and
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq . Further discussion should be
posted to https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/ instead of current
debian-devel.