Re: debci / salsa ci: support for qemu runner

On 7/25/23 19:49, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
having kvm available in debci and salsaci would be a
big plus.

The issue with nested virt, is that they prevent live-migration of VMs (Qemu doesn't support live-migrating nested MMU pages...). There's ongoing work to allow this in upstream Qemu, but as far as I know, this isn't ready yet. Once we have the feature in, we'll go from a "mostly unsupported" in public clouds to "mostly, everyone has it".

Until then, I would recommend against using nested-virt whenever possible.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)