Re: /usr-merge: continuous archive analysis

Hi Alexandre,

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 01:37:12PM +0200, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
> [systemd-cron]: after a carefull review, I took a third option:
> these scriptlets belong neither in /lib nor /usr/lib but in /usr/libexec .
>
> This is now implemented this way in the upstream repository.
>
> The debian postinst will be adapted to
> remove the old override in a next upload.

This is halfway good and halfway bad.

In moving crontab_setgid from lib to libexec, you effectively evade the
moratorium and are entitled to also move from / to /usr. This is an
action you can do right now. The move from /lib to /usr/libexec prevents
the file loss scenario that spurred the moratorium.

In
https://github.com/systemd-cron/systemd-cron/commit/45e82678f62f523417b0c7f84d40ec7fcb1b864d,
you move the generators from / to /usr.  This action is prohibited by
the moratorium and will have to be temporarily reverted in the
packaging (or the upload of the upstream release needs to be delayed).

Helmut