Re: /usr-merge: continuous archive analysis

On 2023-08-01 Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> wrote:
[...]
> In moving crontab_setgid from lib to libexec, you effectively evade the
> moratorium and are entitled to also move from / to /usr. This is an
> action you can do right now. The move from /lib to /usr/libexec prevents
> the file loss scenario that spurred the moratorium.
[...]

Hello,

Somehow related: If I introduce a new systemd unit should I work
around dh_installsystemd and ship it in /usr/lib/systemd/system/?

At first glance it seemed like a good idea (not adding to the problem)
but doubt there is real benefit. - Another binary package in the same
source already ships a unit that will need to be moved so we will need
to use $magic anyway. FWIW I would have used something like this:

override_dh_installsystemd:
        dh_installsystemd
        mv debian/foo/lib/systemd/system \
                debian/foo/usr/lib/systemd/

(I am assuming dh_installsystemd would not start installing stuff into
/usr/lib without a dh_compat bump.)
cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'