Re: Policy consensus on transition when removing initscripts.

    >> It also seems a bit strange to require more from the maintainer
    >> when they are dropping an init script than we would if a
    >> maintainer started depending on a feature like socket activation
    >> such that their packkage simply would not work without systemd.

    Simon> This would be a case where the init script and the systemd
    Simon> unit deviate in functionality. I don't see a problem with
    Simon> that, and my expectation is generally that the people running
    Simon> sysvinit and the people running systemd have different
    Simon> expectations here anyway.

It would be entirely permitted under GR 2019-002 for me to build a
version of krb5-kdc that was compiled to depend on socket activation and
would not work without systemd.
I would not be required to provide any transition when doing that.
(To be clear, I have no such plans, and in the case of krb5kdc don't
currently think it would be a good idea).