Closure of buster-backports (WAS Re: buster-10-backports: I need backported network-manager for buster ASAP.)

On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 01:55:28PM +0300, ijaaskelainen@outlook.com wrote:
> I absolutely need my Broadcom b43 to be the most advanced "device" in
> my home country and for my home country. And for the EU, get the point?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B43
>
> Kind regards, Ilari Jääskeläinen.
> la, 2023-03-25 kello 18:33 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater kirjoitti:
> > On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 07:45:57AM +0200, ijaaskelainen@outlook.com
> > wrote:
> > > Kind regards, Ilari Jääskeläinen.
> >
> > I wonder if you could explain *why* you need this so immediately and
> > also
> > why you asked all the Debian developers at once, please.

Hi Ilari,

It may be that you are unlucky. Buster is now in Long Term Support (LTS) as
the oldstable distribution. The decision has been taken to close
buster-backports as any updates should be going only through buster-security.
See also: https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2022/09/msg00020.html

My respectful suggestion to you would be to move to Debian 11 (bullseye) which
was initially released in August 2021 and should be supported for a year
past the release of Debian 12. If updating, please take account of the
Bullseye release notes and, in particular, changes to /etc/apt/sources.list

See: https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/index.en.html

It is anticipated that Debian 12 (Bookworm) will be released later this year.

> > There may be a better way to request that Debian developers should
> > help you
> > but without more details, none of us can tell.
> >
> > With every good wish, as ever,
> >
> > Andy Cater

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater