Re: An email address for drive-by bug reports?

On Wed, 01 Mar 2023, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Honestly, if there is not currently a submitter behind a bug […]
> that's often a sign the bug should be closed until someone comes along
> who cares about the issue enough to interact with it.

This is my viewpoint too, and why I don't plan on implementing or
accepting a patch to do nosubmitter unless someone can convince me
otherwise.

[Submitter is a currently non-optional field; if a bug does not have a
submitter, the BTS will not accept the bug. Making it optional would be
more work than adding the control command.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

"The trouble with you, Ibid" he said, "is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything"
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p146