Re: Hoping to donate/sell a Talos II motherboard

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 7:46 PM <jbranso@dismail.de> wrote:

> My friend has a spare Talos II motherboard that is currently sitting in his house
> in Indiana USA collecting dust.
>
> https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
>
> I have convinced him to donate/sell it to an open source project or developer.
>
> I reached out to Richard Stallman, and he agreed to take the board.  I am certain that the
> FSF would put it to good use.  My friend and I have not yet decided, to whom we will give
> the motherboard.  Is it possible that I could give it to someone or project, such that all
> parties here would benefit?
>
> Is there any project or developer here that would be willing to take this motherboard and create
> virtual machines that other projects could have access to?
>
> Thoughts?

I trimmed some of the non-relevant lists.

The Talos workstations are PowerPC based. There are users on
debian-powerpc who would put it to good use.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/ .

And I am envious of your friend. I've got a Talos on my wishlist for a
daily driver.

Jeff