Re: LibreOffice architecture support (was: Fwd: Plan to remove dead C++ UNO bridge implementations (bridges/source/cpp_uno/*))

On 1/10/23 19:54, Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi,

Am 10.01.23 um 19:44 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
On 1/10/23 19:25, Rene Engelhard wrote:
(which are for many BD-Uninstallable since ages because it does not have Java (anymore), didn't do a long-ago transition, ...)

They all have Java support except for hppa, see:

I was indeed aiming at hppa here.

Misses libnumbertext and that one has a Java component and thus we get

libnumbertext build-depends on:
- default-jdk:hppa
default-jdk depends on:
- default-jre:hppa (= 2:1.5-72)
default-jre depends on:
- default-jre-headless:hppa (= 2:1.5-72)
default-jre-headless depends on missing:
- openjdk-5-jre-headless:hppa

Yes, sadly we don't have a working java right now on hppa, and it will
probably take some more time to get one. At least I won't have time
for it during the next few months.
But it would be sad to loose those bindings...

The reason for being BD-Uninstallable is the lack of cruft in Debian Ports:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2017/12/msg00060.html

as a result of some packages FTBFS.

That is for sparc and m68k? (Where both the needed KDE packages are uninstallable)

Adrian, as there seems to be various arches (and reasons) will you speak upstream?

Helge