Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 6:56:32 P.M. CDT Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On 24 August 2022 3:29:10 am IST, Steven Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> >The binary upload cannot transition to testing -- a buildd binary build is
> >required.  So far as I know -- assuming [1] is still up-to-date, this means
> >a nuisance upload just bumping the debian revision from -1 to -2.  Is this
> >still the recommended practice?

> >I've also been wondering about the "Give Back" action button on the buildd
> >log page.  It doesn't work in this case because "Package in state
> >Installed, cannot give back. ✗".

> >Wondering if the logic can be modified to also check
> >whether the build was done on a buildd -- e.g. check whether the logs
> >column contains "no log".  If it wasn't a buildd build, can the giveback
> >be allowed?
> It was probably intentional. In any case, you might want to CC the
> wanna-build team ML as well

I understand that the current state is that one can only "give back" a failed
build.  I'm asking whether this must necessarily be the case.

Specficially: in the case of a NEW binary upload, could a manual request be
implemented (pick a different name if "give back" is not suitable) such that it
is thrown away and replaced by a buildd build?

Thanks,
-Steve