Re: …/doc …/log: .gz → .zst

Hi Adam,

I’d object that, because after we rotate the logs, we use a lot of z commands, namely zcat, zgrep, zless. Which allows us process many gigabytes of gzip files without extracting them first.

We have a big cluster at office and a central logging system. That system handles close to a thousand machines at the same time, and we neither have disk space, nor processing power problems.

Sorry for not agreeing with your idea, but operations needs this kind of interoperability and composability.

I think we shouldn’t fix it, because it’s not broken from my point of view,

Best regards,

Hakan