Re:  Re: questionable massive auto-removal: buggy deps nvidia-graphics-drivers-tesla-470

2022, മേയ് 28 8:42:22 PM IST, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>ൽ എഴുതി
>On 5/27/22 09:26, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Am Thu, May 26, 2022 at 08:47:20AM +0200 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
>>> Would it be possible to manually remove this item from the list that generates
>>> autoremovals?
>>
>> ... or generate a blacklist of packages that should not trigger those removals.
>>
>> The autoremoval warnings are pretty helpful in general but if I'm forced to mass
>> remove this subject from my mailbox I might loose other sensible autoremoval
>> warnings.
>
>In general, it's massively spamming me, just it should be spamming you as well (well, anyone maintaining a large amount of packages).
>
>I recieved 536 mails (2 days ago)...
>
>On 5/27/22 09:48, Paul Gevers wrote:
>> Patches welcome. Code is here:
>> https://salsa.debian.org/release-team/release-tools/-/blob/master/mailer/mail_autoremovals.pl
>
>IMO, if nobody has time to do it, the person who designed the tool should take care of fixing it. Instead of sending 536 mail, it should be sending a single mail with 536 entries in it... And it's not the first time I'm writing this.

If we don't have volunteers, may be we can fund this? I also got 1000s of emails from js team. I think this is a horribly broken design with very high impact on contributors. Some just don't contribute in js team because of high volume emails.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/36