Re: use of Recommends by vlc to force users to use pipewire

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 02:18:10AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > In this case you need the portal in order to have access to the
> > font settings:
> IMHO, such explanations could be useful to users, who may wonder why
> xdg-desktop-portal-gtk is recommended or why some features are not
> available (in case the Recommends got broken, but this is unnoticed
> by the user). That could be some file under the
> /usr/share/doc/libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 directory.

I understand that there's always room for a more detailed explanation,
but the changelog.Debian.gz file shipped with the package already
explains why the dependency was added and references the original bug
report with all the details.

Berto