Re: Change package source name

On 09/05/2022 12:56, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Yadd (2022-05-09 12:39:37)
I just pushed to experimental node-regenerator (via NEW queue, thanks
to ftpmasters!) which replaces two packages still existing in
unstable: node-regenerator-runtime and node-regenerator-transform.
These packages were downloaded from npm registry but the real source
repository is node-regenerator which builds 4 packages.

I also filed two BTS-ROM-RM against these two old packages.

My question is about this transition. What is the process, wait for
old packages removals then push node-regenerator to unstable or can I
push directly node-regenerator to unstable?

Note that node-regenerator-runtime and node-regenerator-transform have
reverse dependencies (many via node-babel7...).

Switching *source* package need no coordination.

Do you perhaps ask because at the same time you also bumped major
version of *binary* packages?  If that's the case then (independent of
the change of source package) those should be properly tested before
pusing to unstable, and any breaking changes should be coordinated with
affected reverse dependencies.

Hi there is no major update here, just an update from 0.13 to 0.15 (no changes for regenerator-runtime, little changes for regenerator-transform).