Re: feedback for NEW packages: switch to using the BTS?

On Sat, 2022-04-30 at 22:47 -0400, nick black wrote:

> i understand. i suppose that what i'm saying is it will probably
> be worthwhile to convey in Mentors etc. documentation that
> "resolving the bugs filed thus far [regarding the package in
> NEW] does not imply that no further bugs will be filed."
>
> i'm just worried that people will get a bug filed that is not a
> complete, exhaustive analysis, and think that it's the only
> thing standing between them and archive glory. perhaps whatever
> files the bug ought indicate this in the text of the bug itself.

I think the same problem and suggestions also apply with the current
system of prods and rejects, so please do add or propose adding it in
the appropriate documentation and templates. I will of course seek to
preserve these statements if I end up working on the BTS proposal.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise