Back to the topic of changed binary named (Was: Lottery NEW queue (Re: Are libraries with bumped SONAME subject of inspection of ftpmaster or not))

Hi Paul and others,

its surely an interesting topic how to avoid binary name changes and its
also interesting to discuss ABI changes and workarounds.

However, my point was that I want to know what policy ftpmaster applies
to new binary names and to focus on this topic.  I really want to know
that policy of ftpmaster and I really would like to see that documented
and I'm afraid that thread is drifting away from the original topic
that I will not get any answer on this.

So again: I see a conflict in my interpretation of the mail[1] (original
posters again in CC) which suggests "an auto-approver" and what I'm
currently observing and I would be really happy if we can document the
policy for changed (and new) binary names of existing source packages.

To give another example which has nothing todo with ABI changes:
Currently I'm afraid of splitting some Arch: all data from some
Arch: any package since I'm simply afraid of the changed package
sticking long in new queue.  I know this is bad - but I consider
users waiting for package updates worse.

Kind regards
    Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2021/07/msg00231.html

http://fam-tille.de