Re: Lottery NEW queue (Re: Are libraries with bumped SONAME subject of inspection of ftpmaster or not

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 7:04 PM Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:

> It's not only the copyright that the ftp-master are responsible for. New
> binaries fill a place in the Debian namespace and they *are* the keepers
> of that.

One could say that for new binaries packages whose src is already in
Debian, the ftp-masters skip the d/copyright review and only do the
other tasks. This should allow for way quicker transitions of simple
SOVERSION bumps.

In general I prefer a random d/copyright check more than one based on
the introduction of a new binary, as I just don't see any connection
between a new binary name and a change of copyright.

Regards,
Stephan