Re: Use of License-Reference in debian/copyright allowed?

    Jonas> Please note, however, that license _grants_ (i.e. the various
    Jonas> ways a copyright holder can state that they grant some
    Jonas> _referenced-by-them_ license) need not be included verbatim.

I suspect we're in agreement.  But for completeness.  If a copyright
grant simply grants the terms of a referenced license, I don't think we
need to include it verbatim.  However, if the grant includes licensing
itself--for example additional permissions or even more interestingly
restrictions), it's easy for the grant to become more of a license and
to be  a license that needs to binclude in its own right.

(I'm aware that many circumstances where a license grant includes a
restriction would be problematic especially say when combined with the
GPL-3.  I can think of licenses/situations when such a result would
still be DFSG free though, and in such situations it seems like it would
be important to clearly document in debian/copyright).

I don't think anything I write above is a disagreement with the common
case you're covering.  I suspect you already would be, but my advice to
others is to be careful of license grants that include unsual text and
to err on the side of including them in debian/copyright.