Use of License-Reference in debian/copyright allowed?

(Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to debian-devel)

Hi!

I'm currently updating the debian/copyright of my two packages fs-uae-arcade [1] and
fs-uae-launcher [2] as both packages got rejected by the FTP team due to an incomplete
debian/copyright.

Since the packages contain a lot of different licenses, the debian/copyright would be
very long when copying the different license texts verbatim.

However, I stumbled over the fonts-roboto package which resolves this issue by using just
references to the full license texts which are present on any Debian system anyway [3].

I have updated debian/copyright of both fs-uae-* packages to use the "License-Reference"
keyword, however lintian now complains about the missing license texts so I'm wondering
whether this approach - which I like - is actually compliant with the Debian Policy?

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz