Re: Populating non-free firmware?

On Sat, 2022-12-24 at 11:44 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> The non-free-firmware [component] has been created, but so far it
> only
> contains the rasbpi-firmware package.

Please ensure to include the packages for wifi cards, especially
the iwlwifi since I don't use desktop pc.

One of the most painful ways to install Debian is to realize that
iwlwifi is missing during the netinstall process, while RJ45 cable
is not available. As a result, one may download the package using
cellphone and find a way to transmit that file to the laptop.
If it's iphone then game is sadly over.

In the past, such frustration had once irritated one of the new
users to whom I have recommended Debian. The user's anger has
finally converted into personal/emotional attacks, blaming
me as a Debian developer being incompetent to make the wifi
card working. As a result, I as a Debian developer, would never
recommend Debian to any new user, nor discussing linux with
any new user since then.

iwlwifi is the very only reason that forced me to never use the
the default iso again.

That said, my word only counts as a vote for the wifi card packages.
Just wanted to mention that iwlwifi may hurt people.