Re: looking for debian friendly web app technology

Greetings,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 09:27:34PM +0100, Andreas Josef Heil wrote:
Well qt5 is fine too. I don't need fancy features. I will make a kde app.

On 13.12.22 05:22, Imre Nagy wrote:
The downside of these things, that current Debian does not seem to include Qt6 at all and I have no idea when it can go into the mainstream Debian, while there are a lot of project could be waiting for it. (Even my one is still pending for Debian). Qt6 for Debian is still in unstable/experimental state, which drives the developers like me to find other alternatives instead of Debian or for Debian.

Qt6 is very well usable in testing. I recently ported my (heavily graphical)
programs to Qt6 from Qt5 and that was pretty straightforward. I thinks there are
reasonable backports to stable, also. That might need some checking, though.

Sincerely,
Filippo

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Filippo Rusconi, PhD