Re: [DEVEL] Enable support for Renesas platform

On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 15:20 +0700, Huỳnh Thành Hưng wrote:

> I’m from Renesas Electronics Corporation,

Welcome to Debian! In case your company would like to help out Debian,
please review our suggestions for ways that companies can contribute:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help#organizations

> My group is developing to support running Debian OS on our devices,
> also for getting ARM System Ready IR certificate.

It would be great to see Renesas contribute to the Debian ARM ports,
some resources for the ports are at the links below.

https://wiki.debian.org/Arm64Port
https://www.debian.org/ports/arm/
https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/

This document about creating new ports should also apply to
contributing to the existing Debian ports to ARM.

https://wiki.debian.org/PortsDocs/New

> I recognize that the latest Debian 11 (Bullseye) has the kernel which
> do not enable support for Renesas platform.

Please refer to the Debian Linux kernel team documentation for how to
submit patches enabling this support in Debian unstable. I don't know
what the policy is for enabling Linux kernel config options in stable,
but it should be documented somewhere in the documentation here:

https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/

> Can you help me to enable those configs, also support the official
> release version of Debian Live Installer ISO which support Renesas
> platform?

Debian does not yet support the ARM architecture at all with our live
images, please contact the Debian Live Team about that. Currently the
live images for the future Debian bookworm release are not being built,
but that may change before the final release.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Live

--
bye,
pabs