Re: Secure Boot dbx Configuration Update

On Sun, 2022-09-25 at 11:17 -0700, John Darrah wrote:
> I'm tracking testing and with my most recent update I started getting
> the nag to update the Secure Boot dbx. When I click the graphical
> 'update' button it appears to update something, but the update button
> remains as if nothing changed.

Some firmware updates, including DBX updates, are distributed via a
different service than apt: fwupd.  The fwupdmgr program provides a
command-line interface; the most helpful commands are probably
"fwupdmgr get-updates" (get list of updates, i.e., equivalent to "apt
update"), "fwupdmgr update" (install updates) and "fwupdmgr get-
history" (history of installed firmware updates).

The system logs might also show what the graphical update tries to
install or why it might fail.

> I'm posting here because I don't know if this is a bug or what
> facility I would even file a bug report against.

If the graphical interface (which one?) doesn't manage to successfully
install the update or still offers the update even though it was
installed, then that is probably a bug.

Ansgar