Re: Automatic trimming of changelogs in binary packages

Le Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 07:13:30AM +0200, Gioele Barabucci a écrit :
> On 18/08/22 21:18, Gioele Barabucci wrote:
> > Does anybody have objective objections against activating automatic
> > changelog trimming in binary packages?
>
> Hi,
>
> a couple of weeks since the initial email (thanks everybody for the input),
> my reading is that there is now consensus in going ahead with the proposed
> automatic trimming of changelogs.

Count me out. changelog embbed Debian history. The very first entries
are often very important. It is much more convenient to have them as
file you can grep to that as output of some commands that depend
on network availability.

Network access is not universal.  There are better way to save diskspace.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.