Re: Switch default from PulseAudio to PipeWire (and WirePlumber) for audio

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 09:38:39PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Should we repeat this mistake? Or put this differently: is there a pressing
> need/compelling reason to switch to pipewire in bookworm?
> I.e. what I miss from the proposal are the benefits of pipewire over
> pulseaudio.
> Can you elaborate why you'd want to make the switch in bookworm?

yes, I'm missing answers to these questions too.

> Personally, I'd rather see pipewire mature a little bit more before we make
> the switch.

same here.

> This puts less pressure on you, as maintainer, and pipewire as upstream
> project.

yes.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Money is worth nothing on a dead planet.