Re: Switch default from PulseAudio to PipeWire (and WirePlumber) for audio

On Fri, 2022-09-09 at 15:06 +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> I also had this issue. This was greatly improved since May and I am
> now using it instead of PulseAudio. Check that you have rtkit-daemon
> installed. It helps.

I have rtkit installed, running and working for my UID according to the
logs, but pipewire/pipewire-pulse/wireplumber all get a denied message:

   mod.rt: RTKit error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied
   mod.rt: could not make thread 3367 realtime using RTKit: Permission denied

The upstream issue for this problem seems to be this:

   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues/1069

Some folks solved it by editing the rtkit policy in polkit, others by
updating security limits, others by disabling systemd logind lingering.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise