Re: Transition proposal: pkg-config to pkgconf

On 2022-08-29 15:38 +0200, Andrej Shadura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems like the proposal went mostly unnoticed. Any comments, ideas, anything?

I have an interest as having been responsible for the pkg-config
crosswrapper stuff some years ago, but have not been taking much notice
recently.

If everything you said in your mail is true (the new one is a superset
and better in every way, and the cross stuff will still work but in a
less complicated way) then it sounds like a sensible plan. I must
admit to having never heard of pkgconf before today, but you are a
sensible chap so I assume this is indeed all as you say it is.

> Meanwhile, I have uploaded an updated version of the package which dropped the crosswrapper, and instead uses the "personalities" feature to implement its functionality. The package also no longer needs a dpkg hook, as it ships a per-architecture symlinks in arch-specific packages.

I would like to understand how the cross stuff works with this
personalities thing, but it may be a while before I get round to
it. Again I shall assume that you know what you are doing :-)
If Helmut is happy then I'm sure it's good.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Debian, Wookware, ARM
http://wookware.org/