Re: Current NEW review process saps developer motivation

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 at 09:27:44 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> It occurred to me that if the compiler/linker could be made to generate
> the GI data and then something else split it out of the binary (similar
> to how debug symbols work) then this issue could potentially be solved,
> does that sound feasible at all?

One of the things involved in GI data is the GObject type system, which
is a runtime rather than compile-time construct (types can be created
programmatically at runtime), which is why it needs to use runtime
introspection in the first place, and that suggests to me that this is
unlikely to be possible.

However, I don't know, and this is beyond my level of understanding
of the components involved. If someone wants to pursue this, please do
enough research to not make upstream feel like you are wasting their time,
then bring it up with upstream.

    smcv