Current NEW review process saps developer motivation [Was: Looking for new maintainer(s) for GStreamer packages]

On August 25, 2022 10:52:56 AM GMT+02:00, "Sebastian Dröge" <slomo@debian.org> wrote:
>PS: To preempt any questions as for why, the background for my decision
>to stop maintaining any packages is this thread, but it's really just
>the straw that broke the camel's back
>  https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-rust-maintainers/2022-August/022938.html

A bit off-topic, but I think we really ought to discuss (address?) this elephant in the room once more. I don't have the answers, but Sebastian's email yet again clearly illustrates how the status quo is hurting the project. This clear example comes in addition to worries raised before about what the status quo does to recruitment of new developers.

PS: I do not imply that the elephant in the room is the ftpmasters. I'm thinking of the *process*. The people involved put in admirable work in carrying out said process.