Re: Suggestion for db.debian.org/machines.cgi page

https://salsa.debian.org/dsa-team/mirror/userdir-ldap-cgi/

> I guess that one should really be searching in the Description field
> rather than Architecture.

Probably there needs to be a better way to define/export data about
available chroots than a free-form Description field, until then...

I think DSA would accept patches to the JavaScript doing the searching
so that it searches Description too when Architecture is selected.

Personally I use my browser search, which finds mips64el.

> What does "Architecture" represent if not the base machine
> architecture?

I guess it is whatever DSA added to the Architecture field in LDAP,
maybe copied from the architecture of the install on the machine:

$ ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldaps://db.debian.org -b ou=hosts,dc=debian,dc=org hostname=eller.debian.org architecture description
dn: host=eller,ou=hosts,dc=debian,dc=org
architecture: mipsel

pabs@eller:~$ dpkg --print-architecture
mipsel

--