mailman2-python3

Mailman3 is quite a different beast to Mailman2, and is RFH (#998223).

I'm currently running a Debian LTS mailman on stable, so that I can
avoid the mailman2-to-mailman3 transition, which looks like being no
fun at all, whether from my point of view as sysadmin, or that of my
listowners.

But, there is a python3 port of Mailman2:
  http://github.com/jaredmauch/mailman2-python3

I think I want to be running this (although, maybe after it has
stablised some more).  So I think it would be nice to have this
packaged.

I might well have some time for this, although I would appreciate help
and guidance.  (Python is not my strong suit.)

Thijs, you were the last maintainer, and AFAICT Chris, you were the
last person to upload mailman2 other than as LTS support.  What is
your opinion ?  Thijs, do you want to be involved ?

I think the next steps would be to try to make some package suitable
for experimental.

Regards,
Ian.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.