Re: A mail relay server for Debian Members is live

On 2022-07-16 23:49, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
In the past months, it's been clear that sending mails from an
@debian.org address to some mail providers, including GMail, has become
harder and harder. While user DKIM feature (documented on [0]) can help,
we thought providing a relay server for our users to send their Debian
mail was a more long-term solution.

This service is now operational behind mail-submit.debian.org (AKA
stravinsky.debian.org). Documentation about how to use this service can
be accessed via [1]. The page behind [0] will be updated on the next
release we make of userdir-ldap-cgi.

Mails sent via this server will be DKIM-signed if the from is a
debian.org, debconf.org or ftp-master.debian.org address. If any
additional domain should be considered, feel free to ask.

This server requires an active Debian Account, and that one sets their
mailPassword up (again, see [1]) to be able to use the service. I've
tried to provide some useful tips on the doc.

If you have any question or issue, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Hey!

Would it be possible to also make it available on port 465 without STARTTLS? I am using smtp_tls_security_level=secure and smtp_tls_wrappermode=yes with my other providers and having mail-submit.debian.org on top of that is adding a bit of complexity that I would like to avoid if possible.

Thanks.