Re: LTO and ABI compatibility

Le sam. 23 juil. 2022 à 02:45, Seth Arnold <seth.arnold@canonical.com> a écrit :
On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 03:30:16PM +0200, Hideki Yamane wrote:
>  Fedora, openSUSE, and Ubuntu did LTO by default, and I've not heard about
>  any wrong. Is the situation in Debian differ from theirs?

Not everything works with LTO right away: debugging build problems or
runtime problems takes effort.

Ubuntu has kept track of some problematic packages via a new package:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lto-disabled-list/+changelog

While the list seems big, It looks like it has packages that don't compile stuff,
like some pure js node modules. In particular, node-babel may not even be an actual package name.

Jérémy