Re: RFC: Switch default from netkit-telnet(d) to inetutils-telnet(d)

On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 05:43:35PM -0600, Sam Hartman wrote:
>     Guillem> Hi!  There's been talk about switching away from
>     Guillem> netkit-telnet and netkit-telnetd as the default
>     Guillem> implementations for some time now, and replacing them with
>
> I've reviewed your plan.  Over the years I've maintained a telnet
> upstream so I have some familiarity with the space even though I am no
> longer involved in the telnet server universe.

> I definitely think Debian should still have a telnet server, although it
> is very much a niche application

Available in the archive yes, installed by default no way.
That makes this current thread mostly moot, as when not installed by
default (or a metapackage) you don't need any particular implementation
to be blessed.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁                                   Loongarch's name is loong.