Re: RFC: Switch default from netkit-telnet(d) to inetutils-telnet(d)

    Guillem> Hi!  There's been talk about switching away from
    Guillem> netkit-telnet and netkit-telnetd as the default
    Guillem> implementations for some time now, and replacing them with
    Guillem> the ones from inetutils, which is a maintained project and
    Guillem> does see releases (even though with a long cadence).

I've reviewed your plan.  Over the years I've maintained a telnet
upstream so I have some familiarity with the space even though I am no
longer involved in the telnet server universe.
I think your plan makes sense and I support it.

I definitely think Debian should still have a telnet server, although it
is very much a niche application

Thanks Guillem and Simon for your work on this!