Re: how about telegram channel

On Wed, Jul 20 2022 at 03:39:40 PM +02:00:00 +02:00:00, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 19 2022 at 09:01:22 PM +02:00:00 +02:00:00, Bartosz Fenski <bartosz@fenski.pl> wrote:
Hey folks.

Anyone interested in switching to some more modern channels of communication?

I'm tired of keeping VPS just to have IRC client and to be honest I think modern solutions like Telegram are simply easier and much more practical nowadays.

Both Matrix and XMPP has bridges to IRC and both have built-in browsers.

Correction: both have built-in bouncers

Also IRC v3 [1] provides built-in bouncer functionality implemneted by Ergo ircd and it is already live in some netowrks like pirateirc.net[2] and ergo.chat[3] so if we can explore the possibility of updating oftc irc server to an ircv3 compliant server (like Ergo), that would be another way to solve this problem.

[1] https://ircv3.net/
[2] https://pirateirc.net/
[3] https://ergo.chat/about-network