Re: Is there room for improvement in our collaboration model?

On Fri, 2022-04-15 at 14:24 +0200, Luca Boccassi wrote:

> > I think this will also improve newcomer's contributing experience.
> > This proposal is also filed at
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/34
>
> What about doing something even simpler - rather than having additional
> generic/core tags/teams/groups, for packages where one wants to say
> "please help yourself/ourselves", simply set the Maintainer field to
> debian-devel@lists.debian.org, have the Salsa repository in the debian/
> namespace, and that's it? From thereon, anyone can do team-uploads by
> pushing to salsa and uploading directly, no need for
> acks/delays/permissions/requests.

A simpler solution sounds good to me, except that change would be
somewhat "permanent" in stating the original maintainer's preference.
I forgot to mention in my original post that the tags can optionally
expire.

So, things like, `tag all my packages as "feel free to nmu" within
the next two weeks` would be trackable.

BTW, setting debian-devel@ as maintainer will result in mail flood.
An alternative should be considered.