Re: libzstd should not be maintained by Debian Med team - could some core team please take over (Was: libzstd 1.5.2 in Debian)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 05:11:07PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Am Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 07:40:26PM +0200 schrieb Peter Pentchev:
> > > there was a (private) request to upgrade libzstd to latest 1.5.2.
> > >
> > > I'd like to repeat that I'm really convinced that libzstd should *not*
> > > be maintained in the Debian Med team but rather some core team in
> > > Debian.  It is here for historic reasons but should have moved somewhere
> > > more appropriately since it became its general importance.
> > >
> > > Please consider this mail a team-orphane of the package.
> >
> > I'm sorry; I do indeed intend to bring it into pkg-rpm, and I will try
> > to do that in the next couple of days. Apologies for the months of
> > delay, and thanks a lot for all of your team's work!
>
> Thanks for your information.  Are there any blockers to take over
> this package?

Hi,

Sorry again for the delay. I uploaded an update to libzstd-1.4.9;
I will try to update it to 1.5.x really soon. Thanks again for
all your work on it over the years!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@debian.org pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13