Re: Gmail bounce unauthenticated @debian.org addresses

Baptiste Beauplat wrote:

>We recently discovered that Gmail started to bounce email from
>mentors.debian.net with the following message:
>
>550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information or
>fails to 550-5.7.26 pass authentication
> checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 550-5.7.26 message has
>been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.26
>https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more 5
>50 5.7.26 information.

Yup. I've seen this too. Thanks for starting the thread here, which
has prompted useful clues on how to deal with this.

It's maddening to see Google continue to f*ck up mail requirements for
everybody else. Of course, they continue to be (one of?) the biggest
sources of spam on the net and show no interest in doing anything
about it. "Don't be evil" indeed... :-(

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews