Re: Services offered by Debian should be dogfooding the real packages on DSA hosts.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 01:35:51PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2022, Phil Morrell wrote:
> > I have raised https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/15
>
> Thanks for this, but this issue like a few others that have been filed do
> describe problems but fail to provide "project/improvement ideas". We are
> good at figuring out what's sub-optimal but we are not good at proposing
> solutions and implementing them.

I completely agree with that limitation for Freexian funding, but this
thread asked to rank "What are the most important projects that Debian
ought to work on?" as a distinct question from "which projects are fully
spec'ed enough to apply for Freexian funding". They are certainly
projects that could inspire working groups, or guage support for certain
team's ideas from the wider DDs that warrant looking into further,
potentially culminating in a concrete application for funding. It's
offputting to start a new high-impact project before even knowing if
anyone other than yourself would appreciate it being part of Debian.