Re: Reconsider sending ITP bugs to debian-devel: a new list?

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 12:28:33PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> Wouldn't it just be far simpler for those who wish not to receive the
> ITPs to filter them out to a subfolder of debian-devel or discard them?

Others have covered the specifics of NNTP here; and at least one person
has re-iterated my point that if many/most people are expected to, or
choose to, filter ITPs, then the "sensible default" would be for them
not to come to the list in the first place, but on the specific
technical point of filtering: it's not simple to reliable filter all ITP
traffic anyway. You can match on the subject, but you will miss any
replies that change it. When I was doing this whatever I ended up with
didn't reach 100% accuracy.

--
👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org