Re: Reconsider sending ITP bugs to debian-devel: a new list?

On 2021-06-12 Jonathan Carter <jcc@debian.org> wrote:
> On 2021/06/11 12:33, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Jonathan explained that it wasn't easy for him due to reading over NNTP
> > and I also think that it's a bad default to have lists where custom
> > filtering is desirable for many.

> Ah, I haven't used NNTP in 22 years so the details to its limitations
> have faded a bit :)

Hello,

These problems seem to be not NNTP specific but reader specific. e.g.
with tin I could easily hide ITP bugs by filtering on subject. That is
more coarse than autofiltering to a separate mailbox where you
could look at when you have time spare. But I do not think it is
asignificant difference, ITP feedback often needs to happen *quickly* ad
not two weeks later.

I am sure other readers offer similar capabilities, Emacs/Gnus probably
could even display the ITP bugs as a separate group. ;-)

FWIW I am with Steve on this issue, reviews would decrease a lot if one
needed to subscribe to a separate list.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'