Re: ARM architectures

On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 03:04:45PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> Any of the boards from pine64.org should do and as far as I know have
> quite good support (i.e. there are Debian Installer images for them) and
> all are 64 bit ;)

+1 to pine64 gear.

> The PINE A64+ (2 GB RAM) is very stable for me, unless I put significant
> load on the USB connection (specifically *heavy* writing to an external
> HDD in a powered enclosure), but it could also be a power issue.

It's only USB2 -- in a board that has reliable gigabit ethernet.  Plus,
there's no such thing as stable USB-connected disk, anywhere.  I'd recommend
using nbd instead.

> For a cheap board now I'd probably go for a ROCK64 (USB3 instead of
> USB2), or even a RockPro64 (better CPU, PCIe, unfortunately limited to 4
> GB RAM).

Both Pine64 and RockPro64 come as laptops, by the way -- Pinebook and
Pinebook Pro, respectively.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ The oldest dated printed book includes the following license grant:
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁       Reverently made for universal free distribution by Wang Jie