Re: Seeking feedback on a meta package builder

Hello Helmut,

On Mon 31 May 2021 at 08:25AM +02, Helmut Grohne wrote:

> So with this mail I seek multiple sorts of replies:
>  * What other tools perform builds as part of their job, but don't
>    exactly care how they're being performed?
>  * What build tools am I missing?
>  * Does the problem scope I've chosen make sense?
>  * Feedback on the proposed API
>  * What feature is missing for your tool to use mdbp?
>  * Which build tools should mdbp support to make it useful to you?

dgit wraps some of the existing tools.  While dgit is mainly for humans,
one role it can have in automated toolchains is producing an ephemeral
source package for the purpose of performing a build where the real
input is a git tree.  dgit knows how to convert various forms of git
tree into source packages and there are TODOs for some others.

--
Sean Whitton