Re: etc/resolvconf/update-libc.d/ equivalent for systemd-resolved

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 08:26:07AM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > Maybe you should stop supporting the non-standard chroot configuration?
> What do you mean by non-standard?  It's true that the upstream default is now
> not in the chroot, but it's totally a configuration supported by upstream.

chroot is non-standard configuration in Postfix and was discuoraged for
a lot of years before that.  Exactly because of problems like that.

> How would you suggest handling upgrades?  I've no idea how to determine if an
> installation is chrooted because the administrator wanted it chrooted or if
> it's merely because that's been the default in Debian for over 20 years.

You error out if postconf -M show chroot enabled.

> I believe I can solve this problem by adding Recommends: resolvconf if that's
> the only way.  I had hoped there would be some "modern" way to do it from
> within Debian's default package set.

No, it can't be solved this way, as resolvconf and systemd-resolved do
not communicate.

Bastian

--
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
		-- Kirk, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.8